Saturday, July 23, 2011

Author Sighting!


Jason and I just happened to pop in to Deseret Book today (which is super rare-I haven't been there in at least 4-6 months), and lo and behold, the author of one of my favorite series was there signing books! Lisa Mangum wrote The Hourglass Door, the Golden Spiral, and the Forgotten Locket. I love these books! I ran home and picked up Hannah and Claire (who also love these books), and the copy of the 3rd book that we had borrowed from some friends, to have Lisa sign it. Of course, we ended up buying our own copies of books 1 and 2 (10% off, plus author signatures), but will wait till book 3 is in paperback. (If I bought every book I love in hardbound, I would have to seriously get a job!) Anyhow, it was really cool. She is a super nice person, and talked with us about the writing process for the series and everything. I've never met an author of a favorite book before, so this was really neat!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOMEEEE! can you believe I still haven't read the third one? I kinda need to get on that...........

    ReplyDelete