Grace's journal entry today: "Dear Journal, I wish I could be normal like my sister."
This feeling has been gradually sneaking into Grace's life. So far, she's able to complain a little, but then refocus on the positive aspects of her life. But I know it's going to get worse. Much worse (can you say, "teenager"?). And the truth is, that yeah, it's pretty stinky to be stuck in a wheelchair.
Boo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sniff, sniff. Saddest thing ever. Sweet, sweet Grace!
ReplyDeletei hope grace hangs in there and is able to let her funny personality really shine through. i have my struggles too but i can't even imagine hers. but i know grace is really going to be a wonderful example to us all, as she already is. in the end, she's got her priorities right. i hope she remembers those when those horrible, no good days come along, as they must, and try to rip her days apart.
ReplyDeletewhen I first read your post...it brought tears to my eyes and i couldn't comment...because of the heartbreak. It is one of the most difficult realities of mortality and some of Gods children face these things so early in their lives. I found answers one day amidst my children's early struggles in 2 Nephi chapter 2. I read it instead of Lehi speaking to Jacob...it was me speaking to my children born in my tribulation or mortal journey in the Valley of the sun.."and behold in thy childhood thou hast suffered afflictions and sorrow...nevertheless, thou knowest the greatness of God and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain. Wherefore, thy soul shall be blessed... "
ReplyDeleteand this continued on and lifted my eyes to see a new light.
Our children have experienced their own "fire" or "trek" if you will at a very early age...and I see that it has refined thier souls in ways that "being normal" would not.
I will never read this chapter again in the same way and I hope it will also give my children a greater perspective of their lives...a bigger picture and a testimony that God has personalized purpose in each of us.