Tuesday, May 10, 2011

THE CHINA STUDY

Ok so I cannot say this enough: EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS BOOK! The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long Term Health by T. Colin Campbell. It has changed our lives! After being on a primarily vegan diet for almost 2 weeks (yes, we have cheated and had some ice cream and coconut cream pie:), Jason, who hates his job and has never, ever, in the 2 years he's been there, had a good thing to say while he's at work other than, "I'm grateful to have a job and to have good insurance benefits", answered the question of how he's doing today at work with, "Good, feeling happy, having a positive outlook on life today". WHAT?! Are you kidding me? You mean, all it took to change senor pessimist himself into a happy man was healthy, whole food eating? Oh man I wish we had done this years ago. Please, take a look at this book, take a look at what you are putting in your body, and make the change. I have energy and a light feeling about me (haven't lost a lb. yet though Jason, of course, has lost 10!). It's a really good feeling, and as a side benefit, once my stinking female body gets the message a few weeks from now that this change is here to stay, I bet I will lose a few lbs. too!
Side note: Please send me any vegan (non dairy, non meat) recipes you might have in your collection. This is a radical change from what I have been cooking and I'd love to try some of your tried-and-true recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment